Covid-19 Information and Updates
Updated Oct 19, 2020
Oct 19: It has been announced by the Government of Belize and the Belize Tourism Board that foreign travelers visiting Belize are now able to move about the country without restrictions. Tourists can now rent vehicles, enjoy local dining, sightseeing and shopping.
Travelers are still required to have a negative covid-19 test upon arrival (done within 72 hours) or take a PCR test at the airport ($50 usd). They will also still be required to download the travel app.
All persons in Belize are required to wear a mask at all times.
Let's Be Flexible!
Let's Be Flexible! is our covid-19 campaign that has been created with our foreign guests best interests in mind. We have made additional adjustments to our modification and cancellation policies to provide you with maximum flexibility while travel remains restricted in many parts of the world.
New Reservations: All new reservations made through our website by December 31, 2020 (for stays from today until April 30, 2022) can be changed one time at no charge for covid-19 related reasons, up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival day. Please note, documentation may be required.
50% down payment due at time of booking. For reservations within 30 days - payment is due in full at time of booking.
Final payment is due 30 days prior to original arrival date. Failure to make final payment will forfeit reservation and dates will be released for re-booking.
Guests can cancel for a full refund up to 30 days prior to original arrival date less a 5% fee for credit card and administrative fees.
Re-scheduled stays must be completed by April 30, 2022.
No shows, where guest has not contacted Kane Villas prior to their scheduled arrival date, forfeit entire cost of reservation.
* Please note that reservations made through third party booking platforms are subject to their cancellation policies.
Gold Standard Certification Program and the Safety Corridor
Our secluded location and design, consisting of three private villas/houses spread over 5 acres, inherently allows for social distancing. In addition, we are implementing enhanced security, sanitization, and safety protocols. Kane Villas will only reopen to our foreign guests upon completion of the Gold Standard Certification process, a rigorous program governed by the Belize Tourism Board, in cooperation with the Ministry of Tourism. The Gold Standard Certification seeks to ensure the health and safety of citizens and international travelers and tourists. It is our top priority to create a safe and healthy environment for staff and visitors. For further details on the protocols outlined in the Gold Standard Certification program please see the graphics below and click here:
SAMPLE ITINERARY WHILE STAYING AT KANE VILLAS:
1. Arrive in Belize and clear health screening and immigration/customs.
2. Your pre-arranged Gold Standard Certified transportation provider will pick you up at the airport and drive you to the property.
3. Upon arrival at the property you will do a temperature check with our staff (it will be logged) and then you are free to enjoy the 5-acres that Kane Villas sits on! We will pre-arrange your groceries before you arrive and your villa will be fully stocked with the items that you've requested. Should you need more groceries during your stay you will be able to put in an order each evening.
We have a swimming pool, volleyball net, games, croquet, a private waterfall in the back, which you are free to enjoy.
4. Day 2: you wake up and make breakfast in your fully stocked kitchen, roam the grounds and bird watch with a coffee in hand. You are then picked up by your Gold Standard Certified Tour Operator for a Caracol Adventure. You spend the day visiting the largest Archaeological Reserve in the country, Caracol. You will also makes stops at Rio Frio Cave and Rio On Pools.
5. After a day's adventure you return to the property where you relax by the pool, bbq on the pool deck and perhaps have an evening cocktail as the sun sets!
6. Day 3: A new day, a new adventure! After your morning coffee and stroll around the grounds, you are again picked up by your Gold Standard Certified Tour Operator and head off to Barton Creek Cave for the day. You canoe through majestic cave systems exploring the Mayan Underworld that only once existed to you in National Geographic! Following cave exploration you have lunch, which is provided by your tour operator. Maybe you go for a swim at Barton Creek before heading off to either the Butterfly Farm or Big Rock Waterfall.
7. You return to the property where you relax by the pool, prepare dinner in your fully stocked kitchen and play some games, or watch a movie before turning in for the night.
8. Day 4: Check-out. You are picked up from the property around 10am by your Gold Standard Transportation Provider and driven to your next Gold Standard Certified Belizean destination. Maybe you are heading off to the beach to relax after your inland adventure; or, maybe you are taking the short drive to San Ignacio to spend a few more days inland to visit a few more of the historical Mayan sites and beautiful jungle waterfalls.
Or....you stay another day or two with us at Kane Villas where you lounge around and read books and swim in the pool and have in-room massages (which we will arrange for you!).
The adventure is up to you, let us help you plan it!