Covid-19 Information and Updates
Updated July 2, 2021
ON SITE COVID-19 TESTING available!
We can arrange Covid testing for you directly on the property with the Belize Diagnostic Center. Results within 30 minutes and you will receive digital confirmation. Let us know and we will make arrangements!
July 2, 2021:
1. Foreign visitors can now enter Belize via the Philip Goldson International Airport or the land borders with the following immunizations/tests:
Full covid-19 immunization received at least 2 weeks prior to arrival.
Negative Covid-19 PCR test taken within 96 hours of travel.
Negative rapid test taken within 48 hours of travel.
**If a foreign guests arrives without a negative covid test, there is still the option to take a rapid test upon arrival at the International Airport or the land borders for $50 usd.
2. Foreign visitors must present confirmation of their stay at a Gold Standard accommodation upon arrival in the country.
3. Rentals vehicles are permitted throughout the country. Visitors are permitted to cross the land borders in rental vehicles or personal vehicles as well. However, if you arrive at the land borders by foot you must arrange to be picked up by a Gold Standard transportation provider who will transport you to your Gold Standard accommodation.
4. There are testing sites throughout the country for persons travelling to the United States. Includes a site at the Philip Goldson International Airport.
We can arrange for tests to be done at the property. Service offered by the Belize Diagnostic Center for $100 usd/person. Test results received in 30 minutes.
Testing can also be done in San Ignacio at the Belize Diagnostic Center (located downtown at the Welcome Center). Cost is $75 usd/person. Test results received in 30 minutes.
5. Country-wide curfew is 10pm - 4am from Sun-Wed. Thurs - Sat curfew is 11pm - 4am.
6. There is no ban/time restriction on alcohol.
7. Face masks must be worn when out in public. Failure to do so can result in a $500 fine. Please take this seriously. Police are actively enforcing this law and they show no exception for foreigners or for excuses.
8. Social distancing of 6' must be adhered to. Failure to do so can result in a $500 fine.
Jan 23, 2021: Comprehensive list of country-wide Covid-19 testing sites can be found here: https://www.travelbelize.org/node/28166. It includes a site at the Philip Goldson International Airport
Let's Be Flexible!
Let's Be Flexible! is our covid-19 campaign that has been created with our foreign guests best interests in mind. We have made additional adjustments to our modification and cancellation policies to provide you with maximum flexibility while travel remains restricted in many parts of the world.
New Reservations: All new reservations made through our website by July 31, 2021 (for stays from today until April 30, 2022) can be changed one time at no charge for covid-19 related reasons, up to 7 days before your scheduled arrival day. Please note, documentation may be required.
50% down payment due at time of booking. For reservations within 14 days - payment is due in full at time of booking.
Final payment is due 14 days prior to original arrival date. Failure to make final payment will forfeit reservation and dates will be released for re-booking.
Re-scheduled stays must be completed by April 30, 2022.
No shows, where guest has not contacted Kane Villas prior to their scheduled arrival date, forfeit entire cost of reservation.
Guests can cancel for a full refund up to 14 days prior to original arrival date less a 5% fee administrative fee.
Guests can cancel up to 7 days prior to original arrival date for a 50% refund less a 5% administrative fee.
Cancellations within 7 days of the original arrival date incur the full cost of the reservation.
* Please note that reservations made through third party booking platforms are subject to their cancellation policies.
Gold Standard Certification Program
Our secluded location and design, consisting of three private villas/houses spread over 5 acres, inherently allows for social distancing. In addition, we have implemented enhanced security, sanitization, and safety protocols. Kane Villas is now open to foreign guests as we have completed the Gold Standard Certification process, a rigorous program governed by the Belize Tourism Board, in cooperation with the Ministry of Tourism. The Gold Standard Certification seeks to ensure the health and safety of citizens and international travelers and tourists. It is our top priority to create a safe and healthy environment for staff and visitors. For further details on the protocols outlined in the Gold Standard Certification program please see the graphics below and click here: