Covid-19 Information and Updates
Updated Dec 24, 2021
ON SITE COVID-19 TESTING available!
We can arrange Covid testing for you directly on the property with the Belize Diagnostic Center. Results within 30 minutes and you will receive digital confirmation. Let us know and we will make arrangements!
Nov 22, 2021:
1. All travelers, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, entering Belize from other countries will be required to present a negative Covid-19 test.
All travelers entering Belize at the Philip Goldson International Airport (PGIA) will be required to present a negative Covid-19 PCR test taken within 96 hours of travel or a negative result from any approved Antigen Rapid Test taken within 48 hours of travel. If no test is presented, a Covid-19 Rapid Test will be administered at the airport for a fee of USD $50 per passenger. Children under the age of 5 years will not be required to present a negative test; but children 5 years and older will be required to present a negative test.
All travelers entering Belize through the Northern and Western Borders will be administered a Rapid Test for Covid-19 by the Ministry of Health and Wellness, at their own expense. No external Covid-19 PCR or Rapid Test will be accepted at these points of entry.
2. Foreign visitors must present confirmation of their stay at a Gold Standard accommodation upon arrival in the country.
3. Rentals vehicles are permitted throughout the country. Visitors are permitted to cross the land borders in rental vehicles or personal vehicles as well. However, if you arrive at the land borders by foot you must arrange to be picked up by a Gold Standard transportation provider who will transport you to your Gold Standard accommodation.
4. There are testing sites throughout the country for persons travelling departing Belize. Includes a site at the Philip Goldson International Airport (rapid testing only). If a PCR Test is required the Belize Diagnostic Center, among others, can facilitate that particular test. Contact us for more details.
On-site RAPID testing available at Kane Villas by the Belize Diagnostic Center. Cost is $100 usd/person (cash only). Test results received in 30 minutes.
Rapid testing and PCR testing can also be done in San Ignacio at the Belize Diagnostic Center (cash or card). Cost for a rapid test is $75 usd/person. Cost for a PCR test is $200 usd/person. Test results are received in 60-90 minutes.
5. Country-wide curfew is 10pm - 4am Sunday - Thursday and 11pm - 4am on Friday and Saturday.
6. Alcohol sales at stores end at 6pm. Alcohol can be purchased after 6pm at restaurants with the purchase of food.
7. Face masks must be worn when out in public. Failure to do so can result in a $500 fine. Please take this seriously. Police are actively enforcing this law and they show no exception for foreigners or for excuses.
8. Social distancing of 6' must be adhered to. Failure to do so can result in a $500 fine.
Jan 23, 2021: Comprehensive list of country-wide Covid-19 testing sites can be found here: https://www.travelbelize.org/node/28166. It includes a site at the Philip Goldson International Airport
Land borders were supposed to fully open on Jan 1, 2022 but that has now been postponed. This infographic is still applicable until further notice.
Let's Be Flexible!
Let's Be Flexible! is our covid-19 campaign that has been created with our foreign guests best interests in mind. We have made additional adjustments to our modification and cancellation policies to provide you with maximum flexibility while travel remains restricted in many parts of the world.
New Reservations: All new reservations made through our website by April 30, 2022 (for stays from today until Nov 15, 2022) can be changed one time at no charge for covid-19 related reasons, up to 7 days before your scheduled arrival day. Please note, documentation may be required.
50% down payment due at time of booking. For reservations within 14 days - payment is due in full at time of booking.
Final payment is due 14 days prior to original arrival date. Failure to make final payment will forfeit reservation and dates will be released for re-booking.
Re-scheduled stays must be completed by Nov 15, 2022.
No shows, where guest has not contacted Kane Villas prior to their scheduled arrival date, forfeit entire cost of reservation.
Guests can cancel for a full refund up to 14 days prior to original arrival date less a 5% fee administrative fee.
Guests can cancel up to 7 days prior to original arrival date for a 50% refund less a 5% administrative fee.
Cancellations within 7 days of the original arrival date incur the full cost of the reservation.
* Please note that reservations made through third party booking platforms are subject to their cancellation policies.
Gold Standard Certification Program
Our secluded location and design, consisting of three private villas/houses spread over 5 acres, inherently allows for social distancing. In addition, we have implemented enhanced security, sanitization, and safety protocols. Kane Villas is now open to foreign guests as we have completed the Gold Standard Certification process, a rigorous program governed by the Belize Tourism Board, in cooperation with the Ministry of Tourism. The Gold Standard Certification seeks to ensure the health and safety of citizens and international travelers and tourists. It is our top priority to create a safe and healthy environment for staff and visitors. For further details on the protocols outlined in the Gold Standard Certification program please see the graphics below and click here: